Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am having the sam problem. I have Windows 10 on mine. I did the troubleshooting solutions of setting the compatibility to Windows 8, and that did not help. The solutions given do not work. The only solution is to BUY their update.

Can I put on a different program instead?

Thank you,

Debra Matz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If you are comfortable with the process, you can try taking apart the notebook to check if the Webcam is connected properly.  You can use the following guide to assist you, if needed:

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui... (Chapter 5, Page 38-41). 

If you are not comfortable with the process, then you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue with the Webcam, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, please review the following documents, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I went through the solutions for a second time. No go. Sometimes the webcam light will not even come on. I am in the middle of my second run through of the drivers and downloads page. That has been searching for updates for over 15 minutes now. IT also come up with a *different* product number than listed on the back on my notebook-

HP Pavilion x360 - 13t-s000 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Product #: L5P20AV

but the search funtion is showing the product # as- L5P19AAR

I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed. Love this notebook the best of all. But... this webcam issue has me totally frustrated. After the second run through, if the driver updates thing will even work, restarting the computer number times, even full shut downs, I can only think this is a software glitch somewhere that is not covered.

In my Device Manager, it lists my webcam/imaging device as- HP Truevision HD with the device driver as the USB Video Imaging device. You Cam will try to use the PC Camera, and when disabled, then it picks the right device, but still no video or camera image. Soemtimes the light will come on and sometimes not.

Help? Done it all. Twice. The HP drivers and downloads page will not find my notebook after 15 minutes, so I can only use the generic downs for my model.

Debbi

HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

Did your notebook come with Windows 10 pre-installed?  If so, then you can try performing a System Recovery, to put the notebook back to its factory settings.  If you upgraded to Windows 10, then try using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: 

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue.  This option is only available for 28 days after the installation of Windows 10.  If you upgraded to Windows 10 more than 28 days ago, then try using the Microsoft Push-Button Reset

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

First, I am sorry I am taking so long getting back to you. I am working on the last of the Christmas prezzies... and well... my grandsons take front seat to my time. 😉

I regret that I forgot to hit the toggle to have Windows 10 preinstalled when ordering my notebook. I did not notice, looking more at what I had done when ordering. sigh...

Before I try the next suggested step, I have a couple of questions.  I only use Skype. Would the webcam work if I uninstalled all of YouCam, bypassing the software issues?

It has been more than 28 days since Windows 10 was installed. What does the MS Push Button Reset exactly do? IF it uninstalls Windows 10, will reinstalling through HP be a better choice tofix compatibility issues and is that option available to do if the Reset uninstalls Windows 10?

Thank you for your time,

Debra

HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

Thank you for the reply!

Are you having issues with the Webcam itself, or just when using YouCam software?  If so, you can try uninstalling that software, and see if you can use the Webcam through Skype.  The Microsoft Push-Button Reset, is an option that can repair your computer by reinstalling the Operating System.  When doing the reset, you can preserve your personal data and customizations, or remove all personal data.  You can do both options, without backing up  your data in advance.  

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I kept gettinga message that the You Cam software was not working and sent in a zillion error notices each time. I will first try uninstalling You Cam.

If that does not work, I can then try taking it back to factory settings after backing up to a portable hrd drive and start fresh to make sure all is well.

I can still reinstall Windows 10 for free, yes? Can I do so through the HP Support site to be sure it goes smoothly?

Thanks, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

I appreciate that, and I hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well!  If you successfully installed Windows 10, you should be able to install it again, without cost.  You can try using the tool here to install Windows 10: Media Creation Tool

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling all of Cyberlink's programs. YouCam5 will not uninstall, saying some dll file is missing. Skype does not show up in my apps allowed to be used and I cannot find a way to add it.

In the driver manager - imaging devices - HP Truevision HD- the properties for the device has an error:

Device USB\VID_04F2&PID_B50C&MI_00\6&2c8e4ece&0&0000 requires further installation.

So... before I take the laptop down to factory specs, what is this and can this be fixed?

Thanks, Deb

HP Recommended

Hello @Debbi,

It seems that there was an error with the driver being installed.  You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver first.  However, putting the notebook back to factory settings should resolve all issues with the drivers.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.