webcam, cyberlink, and youcam not working (4905 Views)
Honor Student
shjohns
Message 1 of 5 (4,905 Views)

webcam, cyberlink, and youcam not working

Ok, so I recently bought a hp g71 445us. I never tried to use the webcam till a week go to Skype. I downloaded all that i need to so that I am able to use the webcam. I've cleaned everything and upgraded everything. I've even has customer support take control of my laptop hoping to fix the issue. I don't know what else to and it's driving me crazy.

I tried to install the the Youcam software but towards the end of the installation it told me "No webcam device found".

Is there something else that I am missing? Is there some HP software I need to download and install to configure this webcam? I got it to work for 5 seconds and it shut off. HELP!!!!

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 5 (4,890 Views)

Re: webcam, cyberlink, and youcam not working

Which OS are you using?

Cyberlink youcam software is just a software without driver, you need to install the driver.

Try running windows update first, update all patches reboot.

or

try this update if you are using win7

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
shjohns
Message 3 of 5 (4,845 Views)

Thanks. I'll do that as soon as I get home from work.

Student
supriya74569
Message 4 of 5 (736 Views)

MY CYBERLINK WEBCAM IS NOT WORKING.DISPLAYING A MESSAGE THAT NO WEBCAM IS DETECTED IN YOUR COMPUTER BUT IT IS INBILED IN MY COMPUTER,MY ONE IS HP PAVILION G6 2005AX
Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 5 (729 Views)

Hello supriya74569,

I see that you are having trouble with the webcam on your HP computer. I have some troubleshooting steps that may help with this issue.

Follow the steps in this link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation