webcam lost on HP Pavilion dv6000 entertainment laptop (256 Views)
Student
airheartamelia
Message 1 of 1 (256 Views)

webcam lost on HP Pavilion dv6000 entertainment laptop

Hi, it's my first time here and I am sure hoping to find some help.   I've had this laptop a few years, and the built in webcam worked just fine through youcam (I never tried it through any other program).

I discovered last month that although youcam would open just fine, it said I had no webcam.  I checked imaging devices under device manager, and sure enough, no web cam is listed.  In searching the internet, one suggestion was to update my youcam.  I found a "patch" on the HP website, but when I used it, it uninstalled my youcam, but wouldn't reinstall it because it said that no webcam was detected.

I have since downloaded what is supposedly the webcam driver (sp34746) for my model, but the problem is still not solved.  In opening that, it said that it had installed my web cam - yet it still hasn't shown up.   In the meantime, I downloaded what looked to be a free youcam to replace what I'd lost, and now I'm stuck with a trial version (soon to charge me) of youcam5.

This is just getting worse and worse!   Has anyone been able to resolve when you laptop suddenly says it doesn't have a webcam, when it clearly does?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation