webcam not detected. (34627 Views)
Honor Student
serglander
Message 1 of 59 (34,627 Views)

webcam not detected.

well i have a dv6915nr and my built in webcam is no longer working. when i would try and start youcam it would say that no webcam is detected. i tried to install the driver but it won't install.  it  says no webcam detected. it also erased the youcam program

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 59 (34,591 Views)

Re: webcam not detected.

Please download and install Youcam software from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41501-42000/sp41958.exe

This will install the drivers and make your webcam work.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
serglander
Message 3 of 59 (34,542 Views)

Still didn't work.  i did it and a small window opens up and says.  "InstallShield Wizard   No webcam device found."

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 4 of 59 (34,518 Views)

Youcam software is just a fancy software, there is no driver in it.

You have a clasic issue with pavilion webcam driver, try running all Vista update, one of them is a pacth for usb devices.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Top Student
abdul_barca10
Message 5 of 59 (29,948 Views)

srry Vidya... but my laptop has the same problem and i also tried downloading the given link and it just didnt work  :smileysad:

Top Student
ajb5500
Message 6 of 59 (29,758 Views)

I found this out in a series of enraged events. Like you my webcam just out of the blue stopped working. I did everything step by step, checked all the drives, scanned for devices etc etc etc yadda yadda...

Me being a guy with some slight anger issues...i got so frustrated I hit the top where your webcam sits...and suddenly what do you know? it started working.

This is how I found out that it has absolutely nothing to do with your computer itself, it's the web cam. actually no I take that back, it's not even the web cam because the webcam works fine...it's a loose wire or it's not seated in there very well. if you go through HP's forums you'll see a lot of people have this problem. HP SHOULD recall all these recall all these laptops, or atleast offer to fix the webcams...but that'd be money outta their pocket
Honor Student
kalpanabaskar
Message 7 of 59 (29,544 Views)

webcam not detected.

as per your advice i have downloded it...but still after installing it warning as "no webcam device found "...help me to fix it..pls

Student
xmark2
Message 8 of 59 (29,080 Views)

the simpliest way why the webcam is not detected: there are too many dust inside the laptop, and the motherboard is dusty and sometimes webcam works, sometimes something else...

First you can check if the dust is the problem: just blow some air where you can find the fan and after you check the webcam is working better...

if you use to blow the dust with a spray or to clean with a hoover maybe good solution. So, somehow try to clean your PC from dust.

Please reply if the dust was the problem!

Student
hennypennycraft
Message 9 of 59 (28,638 Views)

My laptop started doing the same thing.  The webcam worked and then it just started saying it was no longer detected.  Hp is crap.  I've had 2 and finally got smart and bought a Sony Vaio.  Love it.  My HP's never lasted more than a year.  I searched all over this web looking for an answer but there is none except find a new laptop!

Honor Student
357peach
Message 10 of 59 (28,627 Views)

I hear ya! I just gave up and tried smacking mine....What do ya know, it flashed the blue light /ergo worked for a second.... Sadly, that's an improvement(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation