Question

Student
saftyas
Message 1 of 2 (92 Views)

my webcame is not working and it looks as it doesnt exist my comuter is Pavilion dv6 product no. A6P7EA#ABV

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (82 Views)

Re: webcam

[ Edited ]

Everyone hates webcam issues -- almost as much as Bluetooth problems, and no one wants to touch those...

I do not find your computer with that product number, so I cannot get any details on it... for example what Operating System you might be running or whether you could go and find an updated driver and solve your issue that way.

I do not know when the webcam stopped working -- or whether you have upgraded your OS (for example from Windows 7 to Windows 8) -- or whether the webcam stopped working after a Windows Update...

Some of these things you may know and others you may not know. 

The point is to have a way to check from where you are NOW.

Try this - it is easy and fast:

===================================================================

The Hard Reset:

This method works for a variety of Driver connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect all external devices - everything.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall the AC power cord for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note:  If time is short, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

Reference:

Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

===================================================================

Then...

I will give you the information we have -- the documents that will show you how to test and see if the webcam can be made to work again under normal circumstances using the standard available techniques.

Pick the document that makes sense for your setup:

Connecting and Testing Webcam in Windows 7

HP Notebook, TouchSmart, and AiO PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 8)

HP Notebook PCs - Fixing Webcam After Changing the Operating System

The Next thing to look at -- Broken Bits

Little webcam wires in these notebooks can be damaged:  The tiny wires come loose, they get crushed, they wiggle free of the connection points.  You may have to either have the unit looked at by a Trained hardware technician or just open up the box and look at the wires.  You should know that if you open the computer, any warranty you have on it is "kaput" -- that is, VOID and gone.  The good news is that if you do open the box and find loose wires, they are usually easy to fix.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation