Question

Student
lizk
Message 1 of 4 (4,182 Views)

what causes slow buffering when watching video on line?

how can I fix slow buffering

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (4,175 Views)

Re: what causes slow buffering when watching video on line?

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open IE and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart IE.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
FC360
Message 3 of 4 (4,166 Views)

You don't say what type of videos, it could be HTML5 or flash or media player. The only thing I can think of that could cause slow buffering is slow internet connection. I have 8mbps internet connection and cannot view 720p HD content on youtube between 7pm-10pm as that is the peak time when most people are online and so the internet gets slower then during the night when most people are in bed.

Reinstalling flash might work if the website your viewing videos on uses flash and maybe trying a different browser. I find chrome and IE9 are the best, Firefox is so slow and such a resource hog whenever I check it so cannot recommend them and Opera and Safari always have problems with content on some websites, Chrome is probably the best as it supports everything including new tech and comes with flash built in so you never have to download and update it manually.

Student
royshyama
Message 4 of 4 (1,442 Views)

how can i correct it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation