Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've received notifications from HP  about Cyberlink being a risk to my computer. What is Cyberlink & how can it affect my computer. I don't remember installing it, so where did it come from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cyberlink is one of the softwares that will often be pre-installed when you recieve the computer. The HP notification may be saying you are at risk due to it being out of date. Cyberlink is a company so there are many different possibilities for which software is causing the issue. If you could outline which software it is that is causing the issue to allow more help

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Cyberlink is one of the softwares that will often be pre-installed when you recieve the computer. The HP notification may be saying you are at risk due to it being out of date. Cyberlink is a company so there are many different possibilities for which software is causing the issue. If you could outline which software it is that is causing the issue to allow more help

HP Recommended

thank you so much for answering my question. It probably does need to be updated, but didn't want to do anything until I knew exactly what it was. We've already lost several computers due to them crashing from viruses & trojans-even with firewalls & virus protection. It's already been too costly. I'm just trying to prevent from losing another one. Again, thank you.

HP Recommended

Do any of the cyberlink programs have to stay on my Laptop ??? Or can i uninstall them or will i have a problme if i uninstll them 

HP Recommended

The main Cyberlink programs that I have found to be typically installed by default on a new HP computer are:

• Cyberlink PowerDVD - This program allows you to watch DVD movies and I believe Blu-Ray discs also on computers with the necessary drives installed. If you have a Third Party DVD Playing software you should not require this software.
  • Cyberlink Power2Go - This software package allows you to burn various types of Audio CD and DVD as well as make disc images of CDs and DVDs for Backup Purposes or cloning of Discs.
  • Cyberlink Media Suite - This program provides a link into all the other Cyberlink programs allowing you to easily choose a task and the relevant program will load.
  • Cyberlink Photo Director - This is Cyberlink's photo editor for editing different types of image files on your computer
  • Cyberlink Power Director- This is Cyberlink's video editor allowing you to cut, paste and perform various other modifications to a video file as well as create a slideshow from image files contained on your computer.

If you do not have a need for any of the software for any of the tasks described as you already have third party software to complete the task I believe there should be no problem with removing it from your computer to free up hard disk space.

HP Recommended

Just had Windows 10 installed on my desk top HP computer, it came with CyberLink programs installed to deal with the photography, I now find that I cannot download my photos from my digital camera.

No problem on Windows 8.1, also the photo album layout on 8.1 was much better.

Can CyberLink be uninstalled and if I do will there still be a satisfactory Windows  program on the computer to deal with photographs and videos?

Help! Thanks. Ricky61.  

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Further to my email 08-10-2015 Ref. CyberLink Programs which I found were installed on my Desk Top HP computer after upgrading to Windows 10, and which I thought were causing problems with the downloading of my photos from my camera and iPad.

I have now uninstalled all of the CyberLink programs from my computer and now find that downloading of my photographs from my camera and iPad are fine and OK, and as I think Microsoft Windows 10 intended ??

Regards, Ricky61.

HP Recommended

what is cyberlink & how can it affect my computer?

HP Recommended

is cyberlink dvd necessary in my comcputer?

HP Recommended

is cyberlink necessary in my desktop computer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.