Question

Student
uzi9mm
Message 1 of 2 (931 Views)

when switching on my laptop screen is white and purple/pink blodges start to appear

Hi, when switching on my laptop after shut down screen is white and purple/pink blodges start to appear on the screen.

these get darker the longer the laptop is on. you can here the windows loading up the but the screen stays the same.

why would this happen and what is the solution

many thanks

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 2 of 2 (921 Views)

Re: when switching on my laptop screen is white and purple/pink blodges start to appear

I would recommend you to update the BIOS to the latest version using the software and driver download page on hp.com.

Also go through the following document about common notebook display issues and you will be able to isolate the issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01881110&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation