Question

Honor Student
SULLYin88
Message 1 of 3 (2,024 Views)

why does my screen goes from bright (normal) to dim?

I hope someone can help.  My screen keeps going from bright (normal) to dim then back to normal .

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 3 (2,023 Views)

Re: why does my screen goes from bright (normal) to dim?

It could be a short in your power adaptor cable, break or crack in the power jack that the power adaptor plugs into, a failing power inverter (small long thin circuit board in the screen that converts DC back to AC) or some unusual setting in the power setting for the laptop. I have no idea what that last one actual is but I am guessing. Look at the notebook and note which lights are on when it is bright. See if the external power light goes out when it goes dim. This happens when you go from plugged power to battery.  Try to run the notebook with the battery out of the system for a day and see if you still have the problem. Maybe the battery is starting to short out.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Student
tyydaymon
Message 3 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: why does my screen goes from bright (normal) to dim?

my does it to cant figure it out. Im using battert now, but it also happens when pluged in HP you have a prob;em

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation