Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hp windows 7 64-bit laptop

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the weblink given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I may not have been the originator of this ?, but I have the same problem.  Originally, I assumed it was because my laptop needed a new battery, but have replaced it and the screen is still fading in and out.  It may not be constant, but it happens often enough to be annoying!  And it has nothing to do with the brightness!

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.  Screen will suddenly go dark and stays dark.  Laptop stays on and I can hear dings when I hit some keys.  Nothing I do brings it back.  I have to shut the laptop off with the on/off button and then it reboots and I lose everything I was working with.  It does this about 2-3 times a day minimum.  I did all my settings to "never" as to "sleep," so it should never fade out.  Help!

HP Recommended

I'm beginning to think we've contracted a very nasty and annoying virus!  And the darned thing is starting to piss me off!

HP Recommended

why is the screen on my hp laptop fading from one side

HP Recommended
I'm hvn the Same problem as the one I Kudoed... "the originator"! Its not my brightness or my light, it does it when U put It down or hold it... SoOo What do I Do? PleaSe HELP ME!
HP Recommended

HP 250 G5

My screen has started to fade out - it looks like someone is standing on my screen as it goes all blurred and eventually goes white. The laptop was purchased in January 2017 so it's virtually brand new.  It's nothing to do with the screen brightness or settings. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.