Question

Student
eastcantdark
Message 1 of 3 (203 Views)

why my desktop background always turn to blank

my screen laptop always turn to black after a few minute change the theme and had a note this copy of  window is not genuine. I have no idea what to do after i send my laptop to repair from the trojan virus attacked...

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: why my desktop background always turn to blank

Hi,

Does the screen come up when a key is pressed? You can try and change the general display settings.

For Vista and Windows 7:

Go to Start--> Power Options --> On the left side click 'Choose when to turn Off Display" and change The Turn Off the display to Never or increase the time.

Also disable any screensaver.

This can also happen if the system is still infected by malware or sometimes due to file corruptions after virus removal.If it is due to one of these reasons then i would  recommend to backup all your important information and then perform a system recovery i.e reset it to factory settings.

Recovering the OS or Reinstalling the Operating System

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Teacher
Cioroianua
Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: why my desktop background always turn to blank

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Your problem is: the windows you are using is not genuine or the serial number entered to register the windows product is not valid. Microsoft verified your copy of windows trough windows update witch is set to automatically.

Resolution: You must provide a valid Product Key for the version of windows you use, XP, Vista, 7.

Best regards,

Andrew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation