wont come out of hibernation (267 Views)
Student
JacqueR
Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

wont come out of hibernation

I have an HP Pavilion G6 series laptop and it went into sleep or hibernation mode and now will not come out. I have reboot, pulled the battery etc several times to no avail.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)

Re: wont come out of hibernation

When you say you pulled the battery, have you removed the battery completely and tried to run the laptop with just the power adaptor?  When you say you have rebooted, did you hold in the power key for 10 sec or more? What lights do you see on the notebook at this time and what happens when you try to start it. Please unplug any other device that you may have connected to your notebook (usb printer, wireless adaptor, scanner etc.). Try to plug in an external monitor to make sure it is not a screen problem. After that I suggest you remove your hard drive and attach it to a desktop machine as a 2nd drive and run a check disk on it.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation