yes does my computer have a built in web cam and if so how do i get it to work on my computer (632 Views)
Honor Student
jasonlauber
Message 1 of 7 (632 Views)
Accepted Solution

yes does my computer have a built in web cam and if so how do i get it to work on my computer

yes my name is jason lauber and i have a presario cq56 and i was wondering if my computer has a built in web cab and if so how do i turn it on and how do i get it set up so it can work

thank you,

jason lauber

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (625 Views)

Re: yes does my computer have a built in web cam and if so how do i get it to work on my computer

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum!

jasonlauber wrote:

yes my name is jason lauber and i have a presario cq56 and i was wondering if my computer has a built in web cab and if so how do i turn it on and how do i get it set up so it can work

thank you,

jason lauber

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post item number 2 as seen on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. The barcode on your HP product may be slightly different in appearance, but will still have the important information needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number of your product as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version (state whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and the CPU as an AMD or Intel product

You thread is a bit confusing. Pease read the title and reread what you wrote.  

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
jasonlauber
Message 3 of 7 (620 Views)

Re: yes does my computer have a built in web cam and if so how do i get it to work on my computer

my product number is xy871ua#aba

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 7 (611 Views)

Great!

How about reading my post fully and clearing up the question?

The specifications for your model do not show a web cam as being included. There may very well e a place for a web cam without a webcam being installed if you did not order a select model. The select models also come with preinstalled webcam software. I do not see any webcam software specified as included for the model that you have.

jasonlauber wrote:

my product number is xy871ua#aba

regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 5 of 7 (605 Views)

Jason,

Erico is trying to get you to tell us what you need.

1.) What kind of Presario Notebook do you have? 

There are 18 different kinds of Presario Notebooks - some of them may have webcams built in or not...   Tell us the kind of NoteBook - CQ56-201NR? OR ??

Look at your system - do you see a webcam in it?  That is the first check.  If you don't see one, you don't have one.  Easy.

If you have a webcam, you need some software.  Once you know what kind of Notebook you have, if it has a builtin webcam, you can download software for that kind of webcam from the HP Software and Drivers website.  First you pick the Notebook, then your software (Windows 7 or Vista), then you check the list and download the webcam software. 

Webcam from HP is usually YouCam (Windows 7)  or MediaSmart (I think this for Vista).

Presario Notebooks

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&sw_lang=&tool=&query=presario+...

Hope this helps to get you started.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 7 (593 Views)

Hi Dragon-Fur,

Dragon-Fur wrote:

Jason,

Erico is trying to get you to tell us what you need.

1.) What kind of Presario Notebook do you have? 

There are 18 different kinds of Presario Notebooks - some of them may have webcams built in or not...   Tell us the kind of NoteBook - CQ56-201NR? OR ??

Look at your system - do you see a webcam in it?  That is the first check.  If you don't see one, you don't have one.  Easy.

If you have a webcam, you need some software.  Once you know what kind of Notebook you have, if it has a builtin webcam, you can download software for that kind of webcam from the HP Software and Drivers website.  First you pick the Notebook, then your software (Windows 7 or Vista), then you check the list and download the webcam software. 

Webcam from HP is usually YouCam (Windows 7)  or MediaSmart (I think this for Vista).

Presario Notebooks

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&sw_lang=&tool=&query=presario+...

Hope this helps to get you started.

He already posted  the p/n of his notebook. That was how I got the specifications for it. His notebook didn't come with a web cam. 

regards,

erico

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 7 of 7 (588 Views)

Sorry, brain dead.

Bowing out now and running under nearest rock.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation