Question

Student
Angel2luv9536
Message 1 of 19 (62,417 Views)

Can't move mouse while holding arrow key?

I play World of Warcraft. I need to be able to move my cursor while holding down an arrow key to make my character walk. When I'm holding on key, the cursor just freezes. HELP PLEASE!

Honor Student
pdpwns
Message 2 of 19 (62,380 Views)

Re: Can't move mouse while holding arrow key?

I had the same problem, this is because of a feature the touchpad has to cut out accidental brushes on the keyboard.  Here is how to fix it.  In your task bar (bottom right corner) click the arrow to see all the tasks. Right click "Synaptics pointing device" then click on "touchpad properties", once there, click on "device settings" and click the "settings" box in the same row as "profiles, enable and disable". A new window will pop up, click "Palm Check Enhanced ACM" to highlight, then click the two gears which is the settings, and drag the slider to off.  Hit okay to save changes, and your problem is now fixed.

Here is a recap

Open Synaptics pointing device -> Touchpad Properties -> Device Settings -> Settings ->Palm Enhanced ACM Settings -> Move slider to off and save changes.

3sx Honor Student
Honor Student
3sx
Message 3 of 19 (62,009 Views)

But it cant be turned off I have only minimum and if I uninstall it , I have still same problem.Plus if I hold tab to I have same problem.

3sx Honor Student
Honor Student
3sx
Message 4 of 19 (61,989 Views)

Any help ??????????

Honor Student
ExaltedJim
Message 5 of 19 (61,853 Views)

Thank you so much for sharing this tip! This was driving me crazy until I came across your post :smileyhappy:

Student
dexterfan101
Message 6 of 19 (60,973 Views)

hey there. i am currently having this issue too! I just bought this computer yesterday and i started to notice that when i hit a key that my mouse freezes for a second then resumes normally.i tried to do what was suggested but i dont have "Palm Check Enhanced ACM" when i bring up that screen. just a bunch of options to customize how the pad works and thats about all. its a Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 any and all help would be nice!!! 

P.S. I also noticed this while i played WoW. haha

Student
BeastHayden
Message 7 of 19 (60,563 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK I decided to make an account on this to help the people that need it.

My version also did not have the palm protection thing right in the open. Just follow what the other guy did, but instead go under pointing, then sensitivity, then palm check.

Recap:

Synaptic Options > Device Settings > Pointing > Sensitivity > PalmCheck > Slide the bar all the way to the left > Click OK

PS: I noticed this while playing Minecraft though.. :\

Honor Student
Vetive
Message 8 of 19 (57,781 Views)

I found that "Palm Check Enhanced ACM" is equivalent to 'SmartSense' in the Synaptics pointing device menu, and that if you turn the SmartSense all the way down to off, you achieve the same result.

Student
justin_m97
Message 9 of 19 (37,567 Views)

I have a window 8 and i cant find palm enhanced plz help im really mad

Student
hawkeye530
Message 10 of 19 (36,366 Views)

Thanks so much this worked the same happened to me while i was playing Minecraft and Left 4 Dead 2 and its so much easier to use without a mouse now thanks so much!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation