Question

Tutor
al3x_7
Message 1 of 4 (12,739 Views)

HP Envy 14, how to update AMD drivers?

Hi, 

I have an HP Envy 14 -1190ea notebook and I have come across some graphical issues when trying to update ati drivers to latest versions. I have seen some graphical artifcacts and dodgy textures in some games (most recently Skyrim) which I think must be down to old drivers (although i know very little about this stuff!) 

It says that the driver version is: 8.771.1.0 and the hp site's last driver update was end of 2010! I want to update to the newest drivers but when i try to install them from AMD's website it says they are incompatible with my system, which i assume has something to do with the switchable graphics on this laptop model, so i'm stuck with old drivers. 

Any help with telling me how to update to newest drivers would be much appreciated :smileyhappy: 

thanks!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (12,734 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14, how to update AMD drivers?

Hi,

Your machine situation could be similar with this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-NEW-Driver-NEEDED-for-ATI-Mobility-Radeon...

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
al3x_7
Message 3 of 4 (12,727 Views)

Thanks for the link, your driver fix seemed very comprehensive but when it came to it, it was incompatible with my version of windows - i'm running windows 7, was the driver you put up for vista?

I don't suppose you know if there's any way to do it for windows 7?

Thanks very much!

Honor Student
callmesissi
Message 4 of 4 (12,037 Views)

Hi

I was also trying to update my amd video drivers that came with my hp laptop. 

just 3 days ago i had an issue with a video game and just for the heck of it i tried AGAIN to upgrade the drivers, but for my suprise this time it worked.

i went to amd.com and used the "auto detect" drivers (i did tried it before and never worked) but this time it downloaded updated drivers, installed and voila! i got 2012 drivers!! maybe it a glitch or something but finally i have new drivers.

i suggest you rush to amd.com and try it just i like i did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation