Question

Student
Phatmak
Message 1 of 22 (43,957 Views)

How to uninstall HP Games/WildTangent

Hi there,

Can someone please tell me how to uninstall HP Games published by WildTangent? Every time I try to do this through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs I receive an error directing me to contact WildTangent support which always leads nowhere.

Please help as I don't want these games on my machine (Pavilion DM4)

Thanks

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 22 (43,949 Views)

Re: How to uninstall HP Games/WildTangent

Hi,

Download and install Revo Uninstaller from the link below.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

Run revo and use it to uninstall your WildTangent software.  Right click on the icon of the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.  This will initially launch the normal uninstal routine which will probably still fail, but just continue  During the process you may be asked to delete registry entries, just select all and then click delete.  Do the same for any left over files and folders.  Once the uninstall has completed, reboot the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
peeps5Olivecom
Message 3 of 22 (43,375 Views)

I wish to remove all games from my new HP Paviliong7, I am a disabled veteran, and is paralized on my whole left side , and use my computr for my contact with the out side world, and no use for the games that  were installed in the computer i trie to remove them only to find that the unistaller whould only hide them, I want to remove them entirly to create more space on my hard drive,any help will be much appreciated  Thank you Paul Dumas

Student
coffeeortea
Message 4 of 22 (42,664 Views)

here is how to remove them go to control panel and click uninstall a program--click hp games then uninstall. make sure you choose the advance option to remove every file inculed the reg files.
Student
gizmo12
Message 5 of 22 (42,187 Views)

Where do I go to get this done?

Student
ad_plaisted
Message 6 of 22 (39,905 Views)

Hi...

I have an HP Pavilion a6230N and I am trying to uninstall HP games and Wild Tangent games. I go through my control panel, uninstall program, and it gives me an error everytime. It says RunTime Error and will not uninstall. What do I need to do to remove these programs?

Honor Student
ORBITS
Message 7 of 22 (34,714 Views)

ad_plaisted wrote:

Hi...

I have an HP Pavilion a6230N and I am trying to uninstall HP games and Wild Tangent games. I go through my control panel, uninstall program, and it gives me an error everytime. It says RunTime Error and will not uninstall. What do I need to do to remove these programs?

adI_plaisted wrote:

Hi...

Honor Student
ORBITS
Message 8 of 22 (34,713 Views)

I can not uninstall wildtagent games

Master's Graduate
VAHPG6
Message 9 of 22 (33,335 Views)

Go to Start, type 'msconfig': Disable HP Games, WildTanget Inc from Services and Startup.

Now reboot. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>
Uninstall HP Games/WildTangent.

Go to CCleaner: Scan for registry issues. Fix them. Restart.

Now HP Games have successfully been uninstalled. Enjoy additional 1.5 GB free space on your Local disk.

|___________________________|
Student
lizaj
Message 10 of 22 (31,974 Views)

Please tell me how to uninstall Wild Tangent games.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation