HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-24-2011 01:32 PM
I recently purchased an HP pavilion dm4x and attempted to play Resident Evil 5 on it. I tried testing out the performance between the integrated graphics vs the radeon hd 6470M, and the integrated graphics was getting much better fps than the dedicated graphics when using the benchmark that is found in Resident Evil 5. the difference was by about 15 fps, with the integrated getting about 30, and the dedicated getting around 15. Settings were all on low except for overall performance which was set to medium.
I thought this might be a driver problem so i tried to go to the AMD radeon website to get drivers (AMD catalyst mobility 11.6 (8.861) utility 64-bit), but when i tried to install them it said "AMD catalyst mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphics adapter is not supported. Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update." Tried looking up drivers for dm4x which are not available. So here I am posting for help. I really don't want a computer where the integrated graphics chip is out performing the dedicated card hahah. Any suggestions?
- Need help finding drivers for Radeon HD 6470M (sandy bridge)
- Help identifying performance problems when using Radeon HD 6470M (integrated graphics is out performing dedicated graphics)
specs are below...
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2410M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
• 1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6470M Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 14.0" diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN with Wireless Display Support
• Standard Keyboard
07-24-2011 09:35 PM
Could you post complete product/model number of your Notebook. You can get this information by pressing FN+ESC key together on windows desktop screen or through BIOS screen(F10) of your Notebook.
I am an HP employee!!
07-28-2011 06:14 AM
I had the same problem and I think this info might help you...
AMD does not give support for Radeon HD6470M because the manufacturer of your nootebook should supply them when updates are needed. I did some research and figured out that whole 6400 mobile series is taken out of AMD support.
After some time I decided to use the latest drivers that HP supplied on their support website and it worked it's magic.
Before the driver update I had like 25-35 FPS in World of Warcraft... and after... well I've hit the top with 60 FPS, which is a VerticaSync limit since I have it turned on.
I have Pavilion g7 notebook with the same graphics card installed into it.
08-03-2011 07:37 AM
what latest driver that HP supplied did you use. I have two to decide from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor