Question

Honor Student
JoshMarris
Message 1 of 25 (50,931 Views)

Updating Graphics Card Drivers

Hello there, I have a HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit that I built using HP.com. However when I try to play certain games (such as GTA: San Andreas and Toribash) there seems to be a problem with the graphics card, and have been told by others to update my drivers. I have an Intel HD Graphics card but I can't seem to find a way to actually update the drivers. I have tried Hp.com, Intel.com, and even ATI Technologies Inc. (The manufacturer) but none of them seem to be able to update the drivers. Does anyone know of a way to update the drivers for an Intel HD Graphics card?

PS. This is what the game "Toribash" looks like when I start it up, definitely something wrong : There's Something Wrong Here

Bare with me...
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 25 (50,913 Views)

Re: Updating Graphics Card Drivers

Hi,

Have you tried this ?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
JoshMarris
Message 3 of 25 (50,904 Views)

Yes I did try this, but when I do the message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. " Pops up. So I go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html but I'm not sure what exactly to search for in the searchbox.

Bare with me...
Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 25 (50,888 Views)

JoshMarris wrote: but I'm not sure what exactly to search for in the searchbox.

Hi,

Please try this: "DV7 drivers" (no quote)

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
themohit
Message 5 of 25 (50,825 Views)

hey you won't be able to update your intel graphics unless hp release it so first you should go to hp support page of your specific mode for that search google like type "hp dv7- xxxx(whatever ur model) support page " go to the one with link to hp site download latest grphics update and then restart computer then download drivers from this link

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.10_preview/amd_catalyst_11.10_preview3_win7_vista.exe

it is latest amd drivers then install all contents from this package 

restart and u r done u will have old intel drivers but new amd  graphics drivers which is what matter .

check that by going into device manager clicking display adapters and then selecting the adapter and then going to driver and see the date intel will have some date of may month and amd one with october date

Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 6 of 25 (50,798 Views)

Hey,

What specific dv7 notebook do you own? (Model Name or P/N)

Some will allow you to update your graphics driver but some will not due to no matching device_ID when attempting to use retail drivers. 

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
JoshMarris
Message 7 of 25 (50,787 Views)

Sorry I haven't been here to respond, but I can't find any numbers with my laptop. All I can find is that it is a dv7t laptop. Any ideas as to how to figure out what numbers exactly my laptop is?

Bare with me...
Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 8 of 25 (50,778 Views)

Sure!

Locate the Notebook Product Number or Model Number

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
JoshMarris
Message 9 of 25 (50,773 Views)

Ok well it's a dv7t-6100 laptop. That definitely worked.

Bare with me...
Intern
Xanode
Message 10 of 25 (50,715 Views)

themohit wrote:

hey you won't be able to update your intel graphics unless hp release it so first you should go to hp support page of your specific mode for that search google like type "hp dv7- xxxx(whatever ur model) support page " go to the one with link to hp site download latest grphics update and then restart computer then download drivers from this link

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_11.10_preview/amd_catalyst_11.10_preview3_win7_vista.exe

it is latest amd drivers then install all contents from this package 

restart and u r done u will have old intel drivers but new amd  graphics drivers which is what matter .

check that by going into device manager clicking display adapters and then selecting the adapter and then going to driver and see the date intel will have some date of may month and amd one with october date

Hi

Will this work for laptop model: HP Pavilion dv6-6023tx with a AMD HD6770 GPU?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation