Re: someone please help!! :) (458 Views)
Student
DevilsDoll
Message 1 of 2 (471 Views)
Accepted Solution

someone please help!! :)

I recently bought my HP G42 Notebook and have been playing an online game (Atlantica Online).... while playing the game the 'F' keys (F1-F5 to be exact) are "quick slots" that allow you to use items during battle. While I'm in battle, when I hit one of the 'F' keys it does the function its supposed to do (i.e.. dim and brighten the screen, adjust the volume, etc...) instead of working properly as a quick slot for my game play. One day it was working fine and then one day it wasn't.... I'm wondering if I accidentally touched the wrong combination of keys or something, possibly disabling something???  Any advice would be appreciated... I have already searched online, and tried different ideas, to no avail...Thanks a bunch! :smileyhappy:

Intern
masmfl
Message 2 of 2 (458 Views)

Re: someone please help!! :)

[ Edited ]

To get the function keys to work like normal function key press the "fn" key at the bottom of the keyboard while pressing the function key you need. I can't remember where I saw the settings for this but it might be in the bios.

Edit: I have never figured out how to set up the Quick Launch buttons but you can disable the quick launch functions in the bios. Press F10 during startup to get to bios setup. Go to System Configuration and change the setting for Action Keys. Maybe someone else knows how to do this from the desktop in the quicklaunch setting?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation