11-16-2009 09:32 PM
12-30-2009 08:33 AM
Just got a reply from a local HP support engineer. The disk capacity should not be an issue, larger sizes are supported. He could not give me an answer though if the 12,5mm high disks will fit...
12-30-2009 12:00 PM
Agreed that the capacity is not the issue but the thickness of the drive is a show stopper. The 9 mm drive is already a very tight fit and you will not be able to get the cover closed if you install a 12.5 mm thick drive. The 1 TB 2.5 inch drives are really intended for blade servers and similar applications.
01-18-2010 09:25 PM
The Western Digital or the Seagate 2.5 1tb hard drive will not fit two reasons one since it is a thicker drive the conecter (sata) do not align second you wont be able to put back the cover please see the pictures took a few pictures of segate's 1tb 2.5 removed it from a freeagent go portable
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)