Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I have a EliteBook 8570w using a default HHD and a purchased SSD 500GB in one of the two existing slots. Recently I bought a second SSD for the second available slot, but I don't manage to have it working (I place the SSD in the slot and all fits well, but system does not recognize it).

Things I tried so far without success:

- Diskpart, miniTool Partition, Samsung Magician

- swap the old SSD with the new one. New starts working while old stops working (which to my eyes points out to a slot issue)

- Attached, pic with the working SSD slot (green) and not working slot (red) - independently if I change the SSDs

is this not working by design? Is there a place where I have to turn it on? Is there something one can do about it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

GSSSD.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry I have to say: that slot (red) is for the WWAN card, not for a second SSD and no way you can install SSD on it because not all PCIe slots are the same.

wwan.png

More information:

https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/system-builder/m2_faq

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry I have to say: that slot (red) is for the WWAN card, not for a second SSD and no way you can install SSD on it because not all PCIe slots are the same.

wwan.png

More information:

https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/system-builder/m2_faq

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Autch...

Thanks BH

Regards,

GS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.