Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ57 - 229WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
The normal battery that came with the laptop is 10.8v 4090mah. However, the battery is now weak and I'm looking to replace it. But the replacement battery I found has a bigger capacity – 6600mah 11.1v. I want to know if its safe for my laptop, because many people from Google search results said its okay if its 11.1v, and some online store sellers also said it's okay to use 11.1v replacement for a 10.8v battery.

Please let me hear your opinions.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Rockyfancino,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are looking to replace the battery on your Presario CQ57-229WM.

Based your notebook's service manual(page 36), the compatible batteries for your system are the following:

6-cell, 55-Whr, 2.55-Ah Li-ion battery (593554-001)
6-cell, 47-Whr, 2.20-Ah Li-ion battery (593553-001)

The difference in the mAh values shouldn't make a difference in the compatibility, however, the difference in the voltage may cause some issues with either charging or other internal components on the system.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If this helped resolve the issue, please mark this post as Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply @Blitzgaming,

The hp battery that came with my notebook is 4090mAh 10.8v 47Wh.

hp MUO6.
Model number – HSTNN-YBOW
HP part number – 586007-853

it's written on the serial, "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 593553-001"

I've done a Google search on the model and part number. I've seen them listed along with other model numbers compatible with 11.1v on Amazon and eBay.

I also seen the MUO6 thing listed in different sites. I am buying the battery from a local store, and they don't have 10.8v version available. Even so, I'm really interested in purchasing the 9-cell which is 11.1v because i believe it'll have more power than a 6-cell 10.8v.

Its also written in many online store that 10.8 and 11.1v batteries are compatible and are in common use.

To drop down the greedy part of me, please help me do an overall confirmation by Googling the numbers yourself and giving me a feedback.

Thanks.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @Blitzgaming,

The hp battery that came with my notebook is 4090mAh 10.8v 47Wh. 

hp MUO6.

Model number – HSTNN-YBOW

HP part number – 586007-853

it's written on the serial, "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE  593553-001"

I've done a Google search on the model and part number. I've seen them listed along with other model numbers compatible with 11.1v on Amazon and eBay. 

I also seen the MUO6 thing listed in different sites. I am buying the battery from a local store, and they don't have 10.8v version available. Even so, I'm really interested in purchasing the 9-cell which is 11.1v because i believe it'll have more power than a 6-cell 10.8v. 

Its also written in many online store that 10.8 and 11.1v batteries are compatible and are in common use. 

To drop down the greedy part of me, please help me do an overall confirmation by Googling the numbers yourself and giving me a feedback.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rockyfancino,

I have confirmed on HP PartSurfer that the available compatible battery for your system is the 593553-001 you listed. I'm not able to locate anything from HP to confirm what the other 3rd party sites are stating about the use of 11.1v instead of 10.8.

The 9 cell battery would give you an extended run time compared to the 6 cell just due the additional cells, however, you will likely notice it will be larger than the current battery and may protrude from the bottom case causing the system not to sit flat on a surface.

At this point, it would be a personal preference on if you want to stick with the manufacturer's recommendations for replacement or going on your own with the 3rd party replacement.

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.