Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Matthieu50

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Same issue with my 17" HP Envy TouchSmart. Mine is a little older (3 years), and it didn't start until I began moving my laptop around daily for my new job. I started my new job in September 2016 and by January 2017 I noticed my ethernet connection was spotty. I chaulked it up as a bad cable or internet. The following day, the ethernet port totally fell apart, and that's when I noticed the case splitting. 

Since it was out of warranty, I opened the case to find multiple screws missing and the hinge falling apart. Of course, HP won't cover this and now I get to choose between buying the parts myself and fixing it or paying $170 to have a shop fix it. 

I have had TONS of laptops in my day, and some were 5+ years old before retiring them. I have NEVER seen this happen before. 

With this many people experiencing the same issue, HP should issue a recall and fix this for free. 

HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Has anyone actually got anywhere further than getting this MP :

" Hello Matthieu,

Thank you for the information. I would like to pass this information along to my HP colleagues in your region.  I will ask them to contact you directly to assist with your request for help.

Best regards, "

This make me so angry, I am working in IT and i regularly give advise  on wich Brand of Computer/network hardware/ server/printers to chose and buy and I can can tell you than I will never ever buy HP hardware again and advise the same if noting gets done.

There should have been a massive recall of these badly engineered laptops.

HP Recommended

Its funny they seem to copy/paste the same answer to everyone that has this issue without actualy saying thats its a know issue.

I have a "Envy 17-J150CA" and it never moved from my desk [except for cleaning the cpu fan] with the same exact issue, i took it apart today and all 4 screws/support are broken on the left side.

it looks to me like its either a plastic issue or the post dont have enough plastic/support not to brake [the laptop maybe to thin] bad design is also a possibility.

i'll post a pic tomorow 😉

HP Recommended

HP as far as I know has never contacted a single user to resolve this massive engineering flaw.  We own several, have been vocal on the issue and have never received a call from HP.  I have posted messages and nobody has been contacted.  

HP your promises are empty and this product is junk. We have replaced HP with other products that stand behind their products.

My comment to everyone visiting this forum - Don't buy HP.  It is frankly a sad day when Dell is more reliable than your product.

HP Recommended

This is the same copy and paste crap that appears in this forum every few posts -

THESE ARE EMPTY LIES - HAS ANYONE BEEN CONTACTED WITH A RESOLUTION?

HP Recommended

Report these worthless comments as inappropriate because they are empty lies if nothing is done.

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

HP Recommended

Same type of issue on an older HP Envy 6t (4.5 years old).  My boss came in this morning carrying his open laptop because the left hinge broke last night when he opened it.  He is afraid to close it and cause more damage.  Based on most of the posts I've read, he should consider himself lucky it lasted this long.  Of course, he only started using it on a daily basis a little over a year ago.  Before that, it was just for use when traveling.  Now we have to decide to repair or buy something else...

HP Recommended

pic.jpg

clean break off the plastic and the other pic shows how much plastic i took out of the area.

pic2.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.