Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade the memory on my HP/Compaq 6910p, from 1+1 gb to 2+2 gb. But to my surprise it still only registers a total of 2 gb, not 4. And if I remove one of the 2gb modules it only registers 1gb?! What am I missing? The memory is KVR667, so according to specs it should work nicely!

Hope someone can help me out..!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi , Have you tried flashing your BIOS for up to date version ?? Sometimes RAM upgrades can require a BIOS update . Also what version of windows are you running ? 32 bit systems only show a maximum of 3GB of RAM even if you installed 4GB . Also did you check the capacity of the RAM upgrade your board can handle ?? . Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Ok everybody... never trust the person who buys the hardware... After racking my brain every other way, I finally resorted to actually reading on the label of the so-dimm-kit... and there it says... 2x1... :HalfEyes: So... Nothing was wrong, the good old 6910p was not at all to blame. Thanks anyway for all efforts!

And this time I will buy the dimms myself...

/Fredrik

HP Recommended

Glad that you got everything figured out!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
I am typing this on my Compaq 6910P which I absolutely adore and will give it up only when people pry it from my cold, dead hands. Stupid Question #01: Did you seat the RAM in properly? Stupid Question #02 Are you using the RIGHT RAM? Your STONE COLD UNIT should be using 2DDR SDRAM & not 3DDR SDRAM. CRUICAL makes a software test (free to determine which SDRAM your unit takes. Patriot 2DDR PC2 6400 800hz is the one I am using (2 Sticks @ 2GB RAM each or 2.99GB usable RAM) There are different models of the Compaq 6910P so you need to state yer stats first. IF you are driving a T7100 or T7300, you are WIN 10 compatable. IF you are like me and driving a MID 2008 model Core Dual T7500 2.2Gz (Momma Bear version) you have to stick with WIN7 PRO. If you are driving a T7100 (1.8GHz) or a T7300 (2.0Ghz) you have the Intel integrated VRAM 64MB DDR3 /294 MB shared).
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.