Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-f233wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have had to downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1. I have installed all drivers except this

ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33FF
ACPI\INT33FF
*INT33FF

I have searched and searched. Can anyone please tell me where to go to find this driver?

Thank you

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm not giving up.

I found this one for W8.1 on the Intel website and it also has support for the hardware ID you posted.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25602/Serial-IO-Intel-Serial-IO-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

If that doesn't work, try the manual install by browsing to the driver folder you unzipped.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_140141_1&swEnvOid=4158

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the link to try. I downloaded and when to install says platform error.

I have HP 15-f233wm, Intel Celeron N3050.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hi:

You'll have to see if this W10 driver will work from your notebook's support page...

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Serial IO Drivers to be used with supported notebook models that are running a supported operation system. Intel Serial IO Bus Drivers software stack provides drivers for these IO modules to control the serial interfaces and sensors that are connected in the Intel Serial IO buses.

File name: sp72198.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing the driver file. I have tried those before and just again and does not suppot as the message says. I will continue to search and run without if need. 

Again thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I found out why the W10 driver I posted and you tried won't work.  The driver is only for 32 bit operating systems even though it says it is for 64 bit.

Try this one which is for W10 x64.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76411.exe

If the auto install doesn't work, see if manually installing the driver works.

To manually install the driver, go to the device manager and click on the unknown device needing the driver.

Then click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.'

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp76411.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and hopefully, the driver will install.

I cannot find an equivalent driver for W8.1.  The above driver does contain support for the ID you posted as shown in this partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file.

;*****************************************
; Install Section
;*****************************************

[Manufacturer]
%INTEL%=Intel,NTamd64

[Intel.NTamd64]
%iagpioe.DeviceDesc1%=iagpioe_Device, ACPI\INT33FF

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. I tried both methods of install and neither worked.

I would have thought it would worked too.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm not giving up.

I found this one for W8.1 on the Intel website and it also has support for the hardware ID you posted.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25602/Serial-IO-Intel-Serial-IO-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

If that doesn't work, try the manual install by browsing to the driver folder you unzipped.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Paul. That zip worked. All good now.

Thanks again

Robert

HP Recommended

Anytime, Robert.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.