Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Are you using the Up/Down arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll to and find the correct driver.

The screen never shows all of the drivers on the floppy disk. You need to scroll up or down and find the others.

yes, of course.  In the mean time i think y solved.

I went into bios and do a ful reset on the default.

After thai i booted with oem sp3 pro used before and this time instead of stalled screen i got a 0x7b blue screen, first sign of succes.

I restarted an tried with floppy but i had the same result (bsod)

i retarted, go to bios and changed sata mode to ide, and after booting cd it came to point to selection disk and partition.

Restartde, booted with an utility cd, repartioned hard drive and hide all other partitions, make active xp partition, go to setup xp and instaele (i have a litle problem with hall.dll but seems to be only an incorect detection on partition number alocated to sp - 3 instead of 2)

i instaled xp on ide mode, cloned partition in this state to simplyfi next diagnostics if apear other problem and changed ide drivers to ahci drivers from the same floppy used without luck. i received two bsod on secondary controler but i think is normaly (sata chanels are only  one hard per chanel). Restarted, booted into bios and changed ide to ahci and finally boted with ahci enable.

i restarted several times to be sure is no coincidence

Restarted with utility, unhide sytem partition and windows 7 partition. Windows 7 booted stright, even if xp partition apeared before w7 and after system partition (maybe because was never booted, it is first boot after hp preinstaled). regitered data necesary, completed w7 install, instaled easy bcd and inserted xp install.

Now i verified that xp and w7 dual boot, and working boot instalation. everything seem to be fine.

Now xp is runnig. next chalenge is the drivers. i downloaded some of sugestion you give at first poster and i will restart in xp to see if it is working.

Sory for this long post. I wroted in case i will help somebody els with a step by step explanation.

Thanks for al the info you sared to me and others.

I wil post back results or eventualy say if i need further help with xp drivers.

Sorin.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is great news. That was quite a lot of work you had to do!

I would think the XP drivers from the support page will work.

There are no XP Intel USB 3.0 drivers.

If the notebook has an AMD graphics adapter, there are no XP drivers for that either. Just the Intel one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5071203&...

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

You're very welcome.

That is great news. That was quite a lot of work you had to do!

I would think the XP drivers from the support page will work.

There are no XP Intel USB 3.0 drivers.

If the notebook has an AMD graphics adapter, there are no XP drivers for that either. Just the Intel one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5071203&...

these hp unit  do not have any amd inside. I solved relative easy with drivers you sugested to other posters. 

Thank tou. You simplified another amount of work to find chipset, id-s and othere piece of information, plus diferent instals of multiple drivers before to work. If you are a moderator it would be best to move thise posts to a new tread because  it for another sistem.

I got another 2 problems in the mean time. One of the units sudenly failed to start . it seems a controler  memory  problem. unit get power white led came, but after that i receive a series of beeps and white led became orange. I tried to reset the bios, but this do not solve the problem, i tried with another memoryy, same result, i tested the memory in another unit and work without a problem, so it seem that motherboard or controler have a failure. To bad...it worked max 100 hours, maybe less...if you can help with any clue, it would be great before phone to waranty support for replacement. 

Another strange situation is on windows 7 pro sp1 (maybe it is somehing  to windows) is the fact that if speakers is not inserted it canot play back nothing and i receive a bad sound error in winamp or wmp. these is not important but it is courious, as i dont see the re;evance to force user to have speaker inserted to play a movie for example if children sleeps or if it defected or if pur et simple you do not want to buy becaus is not neede....

Sorin.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sorin.

That is a shame that all that work and one of the PC's seems to be defective.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what would be the cause.

Best that you call HP technical support and file a support case under warranty.

The audio...I don't know about that either.

My experience is with drivers. If things don't work and the correct drivers are installed, I am a babe in the woods.

I am not a computer repair technician or anything like that.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

The file you have shown in the attachment can not be extracted.Further more I have 6  Series/C200 Sata ACHI Controller-ic03 laptop obviously a 2nd generation laptop and want to slipstream sata driver with win XP. As I am unable to find it some where so I requested to upload the sata controllers for xp

Thanks

Dawood Ahmad

J&K,India

HP Recommended

Hi, Dawood:

Below is the link to the XP sata ahci drivers you need for the Mobile Intel Series 6 chipset:

You want the second file listed for XP 32 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20707&ProdId=3409&lang=eng&OSVersion...=

HP Recommended

I finaly solved problem with last computer. Indeed the motherboard was failed and was changed in hp service. Now everything works normal.Thank good to waranty...

Many thanks for your support.

Sorin.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Sorin.

Glad you got the last PC working after the motherboard was replaced.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul 

I found this realy old thread about AHCI drivers for Intel ® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C01

I have exactly same Intel hardware in my Lenovo T420 - I am  gonna try your howto.

I went thru all Intel's driver I could find but I always looked for line which contains 1C01 - not 1C03:

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaAHCI_Mobile]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C03&CC_0106","iaStor"

Now I am really curious if it will work for me :generic:

Martin

HP Recommended

Hi< @mbartosik :

I have zipped up and attached the XP 32 bit SATA AHCI driver you need in order to make the switch, below.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file, which shows support for the hardware ID you posted.

[INTEL_HDC.ntx86]
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2929&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B29&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B29&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B2F&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B22&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B22&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_0106
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Install, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C03&CC_0106

So the controller name you need to scroll to and select is the "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.