Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Dv6t-6c00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My AMD Radeon 6700M Series memory clock speed is stuck at 216mhz. See below. I don't think this was happening before the update to Windows 10. I've tried overclocking it(which was a solution for a couple people), but can only get it up to 280mhz. I've reinstalled and updated the drivers multiple times. I did repaste the CPU/GPU with Mx-4 thermal compound, so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Any guesses???

6700m GPU stats.gif

GPU "Idle" Temps

GPU idle Temps.gif

CPU "Idle" Temp

CPU idle Temps.PNG

System Information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Other OS Description  Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-042T1GH
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model  Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU A1U55AV
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.02, 10/3/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 16.49
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"
User Name DESKTOP-042T1GH\guy_4
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.46 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.9 GB
Page File Space 5.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @Jarret,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the video . I will be glad to help you.

There are no Windows 10 drivers for the AMD Radeon 6700M from HP or AMD.

You can try installing to Windows 8.1 driver or try to update the Window 10 default driver.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.