Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my laptop OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now I get the folowing message:

No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not operating properly.Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

When I go to the AMD website and go through the instructions I get a message that no compatible driver can be found.

Can anyone offer advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@cribguru

What is the model number of the graphics???

REO

HP Recommended

I don't know the model number of the graphics and don't know wher to find that information.

The only information that I can find is that I have ATI Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics.

Does this help in finding a sollution?

HP Recommended

@cribguru

Then we will need the exact model or product number of your laptop.

REO

HP Recommended

The laptop is an: HP Pavillion dv7-4270us Entertainment PC.

Product number: XZ286UA#ABA

Hope this helps.

cribguru

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help REO.

It would look like my laptop model was not tested for Windows 10.

The lack of an AMD driver does not appear to affect the operation of my unit.

I will just have to live with it and delete the message when it shows up.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

REO still around??   Found any better solutions for cribguru??

I have exact same laptop (Pavilion dv7-4270us) with exact same annoying

AMD driver warning message....have you determined how to fix since 2/16?

The W7 > W10  free download was seamless and this is ONLY issue encountered

additional identifying information

Processor:  AMD Phenom II quad core  P960

Graphics:  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370

HDD:  640gb (5400 rpm)  SATA

HP part #:  XZ286UA#ABA

Product Key:  MT3YP-RHP7K-WGXDG-F792X-DWFKF

HP Recommended

No solution as yet. I am almost resolved to just live with it.

HP Recommended

hey cribguru, good thing you monitor your post...I posted my question on two 'boards' since

I wasn't positive of the most accurate discussion stream location....jump over to my question

on "Notebooks: Video, Display & Touch" ... got an answer seems even a grumpy old bazzerd

like me can do....trying tomorrow & hope to be posting good news tomorrow night or Friday!

(go read it...his reply seems much more promising & understandable to me than the one you got)

In fact, if you choose to continue our joint quest, reply on THAT discussion board....good luck!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.