Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Winterix wrote:

Oh, I thought you meant that I had the wrong model lol.. Anyways, I took the bottom cover off, and everything is right there. Sadly there wasn't much to find. I found one memory slot, and no m2. Any way to tell the max amount of RAM I can insall in this? I don't know if I should trust the manual if the manual says that it has 2 slots.

Here's some pics of what's inside.

https://s17.postimg.org/ch94spumn/IMAG3916.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/7jvk7lsnj/IMAG3918.jpg

Using the memory diag tool in the bios on this PC it says theirs a second slot but it says bottom of motherboard. I did you try checking the other side of the board their might be a second dimm. I'd do it myself but i need to get a star drive thats the correct size. 

HP Recommended

No, I didn't take the board out. I think I'll wait for confirmation from somebody else, I don't want to tear into the machine unless I have to. I had a hard enough time putting it back together. The way the bottom clips in, it was pretty difficult to align the trackpad with the bottom cover.

HP Recommended

Heres the pic of the HP bios mem info

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p600x600/15380818_213540872429783_1854592212710479354_...

on board could also mean its some built in 512kb controller but I dont think thats the case  i think its denoting that is on the opposite side of the board which i have seen on other small laptops/ultrabooks

HP Recommended

Im gonna take it  appart anyway im gonna buy some star drives tommorow. I will tell you my finds tommorow night. I really hope this check is correct the i can get a dual channel setup going up my gaming performance. 

HP Recommended
Yeah that does seem odd. Hopefully there is a slot in there. Please post your findings so that others can also get a definitive answer.
HP Recommended

Well there was no DIMM on the back. I took it appart this afternoon. I didnt remove all the ribbons just battery and keyboard and lifted the board their was nothing below kinda disappointing because I was all excited to buy another 8gbs. On the bright side i pitted this laptop up against my previous HP with an FX 8800p (dual channel) and the 9800p beat it by 30% in 3dmark and in the games. Tested sorry if i got anyones hopes up. Even without the M2 slot and second ddr4 slot i  must say i love this laptop!

HP Recommended

What about 16gb at one channel? Would it be possible and properly seen by os? If not - how so? Ain't sure I understand how a software could be designed in such a way that it cannot recognize/accept one-module 16gb ram?

HP Recommended

There is only one slot,  would a single 16gb chip work? AMD says the processor can run even more. What is the risk if I do put a 16GB chip in?

HP Recommended

Thanks alot for the pictures¡¡¡ I was wondering if the ram upgrade was possible, now i know it's not... really a shame, i think this laptop has very good specs but it will be obsolete in a very short time with only 8 gb in ram. I guess i will sell mine while it's still like new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.