07-06-2010 05:32 PM
I recently purchased an Envy 17, and I purchased with only one hard drive. I have an extra hard drive already, and thought I would just add it to the system, but when I opened up the laptop, there is no way to attach the drive, as the second bay doesn't have a connector of any kind, and of course, I also don't have the necessary caddy to secure the drive.
So, the question is can I add the second drive, and if so, how do I get the SATA connector, and caddy for the drive?
09-02-2010 03:33 PM
On the Caddy and SATA Cable to add 2nd hard drive... It is orderable on HP Part Surfer, Link is here... http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=60
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)