06-28-2012 08:46 PM
After upgrading from Vista 64 64 bit to Window7 64bit the DVD at first worked just fine but after about 7 months it just stopped responding as if the hardware as in the DVD Dive it compatible with Windows 7. I have reinstalled the full Windows 7 that I got from HP but it still has the same problem and when I try a full recovery it will start to read the recovery DVD but it take way to long like 15 mins just to start reading and it stops reading with error's after about 2 min's into it.
Were is the errors that I get
This PC in not supported by the system recovery disc. you will not be able to continue to recover this system with these disks.
keep in mind that the problem lies with the DVD drive not working and like stated above it will work if Windows Vista 64 is installed so this error message is not the key to the problem just part of it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)