Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 ab292nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the signature edition notebook from Microsoft store and want to upgrade the RAM. My model is Pavilion 15 ab292nr.

I checked the manual which is the same as Pavilion 15 star war edition, it says what I need is 693374-005. However it is a little bit difficult to find out the exact part. I was wondering if there is any alternative that can be compatible with this laptop?

BTW I found 693374-001 on Amazon, which is said to be compatible with "selected" HP notebooks. Here is the link:http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-PC3-12800-KTH-X3CL-8G/dp/B00D74FQ0U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF...

Can I use this one?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The amazon one will be fine. It is from Kingston and since they sell it as compatible with the HP Part No. you are protected against incompatibility. Kingston will stand behind it. Just do not get the Kingston Value RAM. Many users have had issues with that memory in HP laptops. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The amazon one will be fine. It is from Kingston and since they sell it as compatible with the HP Part No. you are protected against incompatibility. Kingston will stand behind it. Just do not get the Kingston Value RAM. Many users have had issues with that memory in HP laptops. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply. I have another question. Does my laptop have a mSATA / M.2 slot? Can I add a mSATA SSD?

HP Recommended

Hi wtxrichard, 

Did you end up buying the 693374-001 RAM chip? Did it work in your laptop? 
Mine also specifies 693374-005 and I was curious whether 693374-001 worked for you as an alternative. 

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.