Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t-ab000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to increase my RAM from its current 6 GB to 16 GB. I believe I've found a compatible SODIMM on Amazon, but before I order it I would like to make sure I can install it myself. I've made a couple of attempts to remove the back case of my laptop, but none of my screwdrivers (even the tiny precision ones) are working for the two Philips PM2.0×2.0 screws in the optical bay. The manual doesn't say what screwdriver to use. Does anyone know which screwdriver I need, or am I going to have to pay a professional to do this for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MLES wrote:

.... why would they included detailed instructions on how to do so?

Hi,

There are 2 parts in the book: the first part is for people like you and me and the second part is for HP Authorized Service Provider parts

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the version of your CTO ? For Intel machines, you need to remove

• two Phillips PM2.5×12.0 screws
  • two Phillips PM2.0×2.0 screws
  • six Phillips PM2.5×6.5 screws
  • nine Phillips PM2.5×6.5 screws

Is it still under warranty ? If yes then it is better off to go for a pro because the manual implies this would void warranty.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply; yes, I have the Intel version. Its warranty expired in August. I think I saw the part of the manual you're talking about, which is part of why I'm posting here before making any further attempts. If they weren't OK with people taking it apart though, why would they included detailed instructions on how to do so?

HP Recommended

@MLES wrote:

.... why would they included detailed instructions on how to do so?

Hi,

There are 2 parts in the book: the first part is for people like you and me and the second part is for HP Authorized Service Provider parts

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.