Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ab029TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

can i use my notebook without battery means can i use my notebook with AC plug in continuosly?my battery description is 800049-001-BATT 4C 41WHr 2.8AH LI KI0,is my battery is removable?please suggest me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes the battery is end user removeable and replaceable. You can remove it and run the laptop solely on wall (AC or mains) power, but why? 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes the battery is end user removeable and replaceable. You can remove it and run the laptop solely on wall (AC or mains) power, but why? 

HP Recommended

actually sir i always use my notebook at home,so i think its batter to use it without battery and prefer to use AC plug in.according to you thats mean there is no harm to my notebbook if i use my notebook continuosly on AC plug in.but when i asked same question on call to a hp technician,he told me that without using battery your notebook can be harm by continuosly AC plug in.are you sure about that please give me complete detail about that.because in specs of my notebook its not clarified that battery is removable or not?

HP Recommended

Yes the battery will act as a kind of uninterruptable power supply so that if power suddenly goes off your laptop will not crash and yes it is possible that can protect against damage. But just using the laptop plugged in on AC will not harm it, the harm comes from losing power.

If you gave the correct model number I am 100% sure it is a removeable battery. Flip the laptop over on its back. See the little latches. Slide them over and the battery can pop out. 

People greatly overthink this battery thing. Set it and forget it. Leave it in. Use the laptop as it was designed. Enjoy. 

Bujt if you want to wring every last minute of use out of the battery, run it down to about 50% and store it away, bringing it out only when you want to travel. 

HP Recommended

that means its completely OK to use my notebook without battery and with continuously AC pluged in.than  i can aiso be put AC plug in continuously after full 100% charged of my battery in other words overcharging should not be harmful for my battery or notebook?and the last and final question of mine if my electricity power is fluctuating than also it will be ok if i use my notbook without battery and with continuously AC plug in?please give your suggestation on these last questions of mine.and thanks for your support sir.

HP Recommended

Once again, it is OK to use the laptop with the battery removed. The risk you run is a power outage and sudden hard shutdown. Desktop users face the same risk and many buy a UPS battery backup. A laptop already has one built in.

No danger of overcharging. The battery has a smart chip that prevents that. Having the laptop with the battery in it and used at a desk, always on AC power will result in a number of small charge/recharge cycles which will shorten the life of the battery a little bit. Not enough to worry about, in my opinion.

Again, don't overthink. 

HP Recommended

again thanks a lot sir.i am really really thankful to you for solving my confusions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.