Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 350G 1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP G1 was Windows 7.  I upgraded to Windows 10. I recieved an email to download the new BIOS up date. I checked the HP site. It is for windows 7 not Windows 10. HP support system says no updates. Should I try and download this update? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Elliott4,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand you want to know if you can install a BIOS update available for windows 7 on your windows 10 computer and I would highly recommend not to do that as it's not compatible.

The reason you may have received an update on bios via email is because the computer may have been delivered with windows 7 along with the original setup, please ignore the same and wait until the Bios update for windows 10 is available for your model.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Elliott4,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand you want to know if you can install a BIOS update available for windows 7 on your windows 10 computer and I would highly recommend not to do that as it's not compatible.

The reason you may have received an update on bios via email is because the computer may have been delivered with windows 7 along with the original setup, please ignore the same and wait until the Bios update for windows 10 is available for your model.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.