01-18-2012 10:48 AM
I have an 8560W Laptop Workstation. After a week of it being off my battery is down from fully charged to 70%, which means I am losing over 4% a day. I contacted service, because I have never seen any other laptop where the discharge rate was this high when the laptop was off. They told me to run the battery check software HP provides, and it says the battery is fine. Next step for me is to see if this is battery internal discharge, or drained through the laptop by removing the battery from laptop when it is off. If it is still this high will reengage with HP.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)