Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@jee82 wrote:

@jordi-gr  Im also running anniversary update, no issues. I installed it using windows 10 update assistant, you can download it from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

hi jee82,

I did it last night, but i am afraid i am experiencing some heat and battery drain on use.

Is it something that will stabilize after some time or shall i return to the old windows 10 version (1511)?

thanks again

HP Recommended
You are afraid or you are experiencing these things?

Can you describe how you came to that conclusion?
HP Recommended

@pqkiller666 wrote:
You are afraid or you are experiencing these things?

Can you describe how you came to that conclusion?

hi pqkiller666,

I did the aniversary update last night. Today i turned it on after full charge.

I left it playing spotify and after half an hour i noticed fan on and cpu heat on the left side!

I checked with task manager but i didnt see something not normal (cpu usage around 5%).

I have also done the samsung ssd driver update.

HP Recommended
Did you install the latest Intel management driver from the the machines support page? That controls fan and thermal profile. I haven't experienced any higher battery drain, extra heat or frequent fan noise after the update. Works flawlessly. If you'd like to wait for the creators update in April, just roll back.
HP Recommended

@jee82 wrote:
Did you install the latest Intel management driver from the the machines support page? That controls fan and thermal profile. I haven't experienced any higher battery drain, extra heat or frequent fan noise after the update. Works flawlessly. If you'd like to wait for the creators update in April, just roll back.

yes I did that as well. I will wait to see how things go until next full charge, though i see unusual thermal and fan behavior without apps running at all. It's really sad.

anyway thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I cannot say for certain what caused your higher temperatures and fan to run categorically but I would like to know:

Was the laptop stored on a flat hard surface whilst this was occuring?

Or was it engulfed in pillows and blankets or an even soft surface (such as your lap).

HP Recommended

Can someone recap on what we can do beyond installing the Sphinx update (x014 one right?) to curb battery drain?

HP Recommended
Common solutions has been disabling "fast boot" and "USB charging while off". Some has also reported better battery life after updating the nvme driver to the latest from Samsung, that seems to regard the V model of the ssd drive. I have the W model and go from 2700mb/s read and 1200mb/s write to 3100mb/s read and 1300mb/s write, but battery life seems a bit worse.
HP Recommended

@pqkiller666 wrote:

I cannot say for certain what caused your higher temperatures and fan to run categorically but I would like to know:

Was the laptop stored on a flat hard surface whilst this was occuring?

Or was it engulfed in pillows and blankets or an even soft surface (such as your lap).

pqkiller666 thanks for your input.

I am not really sure yet, i am waiting for another full charge cycle to judge.

I havent yet applied the sphinx fix, can you or someone else post me a link with the fix?

thanks again

HP Recommended

@jordi-gr  Here you have it: Hp FTP Sphinx

Just download the zip and do what the verify.jpg says and you should be good 🙂

Edit: 

Password is 123

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.