Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

EDIT: Nevemind the flash file just sits at that "REM Please wait for firmware update process to complete" step for a couple minutes, then it did restart. I ran the verification .exe file from a folder with the other .dll in the same folder, hit verify and I'm now on v14 as the instructions say I should be. I'll report back tomorrow morning to see if this worked. 

Bravo to the guy who posted the files...as long as they aren't malware and this actually works! Even if it doesn't he's awesome to post them!!!

ORIGNAL: Trying this but seems to be hanging on the flash .exe installation "REM Please wait for firmware update process to complete" Just closing the application window and verifying with the other programs still leaves me on version 13 not 14 like it's supposed to.

Anyone have any idea what DC mode is? Ran as administrator but maybe that's the problem

HP Recommended

Capture.PNGAlso just some conjecture. When the flash.exe file is running there is reference to NVM, which may be non-volatile memory? This would point to something going on with the SSD firmware potentially.

FYI that last line there was displayed for a couple minutes before it rebooted for me during executing the flash.exe file

HP Recommended

It was one of the possibilities that the SSD was the culprit, it probably was not going into shutdown regardless of command, it slowly drains the battery in sleep mode perhaps. New SSD NVME BAD DRIVERS FIRMWARE combo probably caused all this. Regardless, I'm very happy mine was fixed, other than this (and the lack of non-touch screne option), this laptop is a dream for the price.  Hope it works for you guys!

BTW, incase you guys missed in my last post, my set up is BIOS version F.04, fast startup is actually on, bios usb charge is off. 0 battery drain after shutdown.

HP Recommended

To All

After all it was a premature judgement.

in less than 24 hours 100% to 85% even after latest BIOS and USB disabled at BIOS. No Go!

:HalfEyes:

Aaargh!

HP Recommended

Guys

I am unable to get the .rar file from the link on the PDF

http://ptsiwintest/HPA_KV/Sphinx1.0PDFWupdate_NVM4_TI14_B8.rar

the above path is not found! Any help?

Thanks

HP Recommended

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxWVqa8mavxnZXZzaW9TcTdwMFE?usp=sharing

Senchronize extracted all the files to the google drive link above. Again executing all this is at your own risk, not mine nor Senchronize's. 

1) Download the Sphinx_FW_Update_for_Battery_Drain_Issue.pdf instructions file and print it out

2) Download flash.exe and Install_QIQ.exe to any location on your computer.

3) Download PD FW Ver check folder and keep intact together to any location on computer. (You MUST have inpout32.dll & inpoutx64.dll & PDFwflash_x32_v01.exe in the same folder when you run this .exe and hit the "Get Ver" button. It looks for those .dll files located in the same folder as the .exe)

4) Execute/install everything per the instructions. NOTE: For me on step 6, the shut down automatically took a few minutes, not a few seconds, but it eventually happened, be patient.

BTW, I woke up to 97% battery life upon booting up, so 1-2% drained over 9.5 hours. So using these files, and having whatever firmware/driver updated from version v13 to v14 at least greatly reduced the battery drain for me. Great thanks to Senchronize for posting all the files that the repair team left on his computer.

My system is a late 2016 Spectre x360 with i7-7500U processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, model #13-w023dx which I believe is the same as Senchronize who was the original OP of these firmware/driver updates.

HP Recommended

These files sound promising!

No disrespect, but it would be a bit more assuring if someone officially from HP would chime in here to confirm that this is indeed an official HP technical support solution that can be applied to HP Spectre x360 models XYZ.

For those who installed these files/fix, and have reported that you woke up to battery levels at 100%, can you please let me know if you had any USB devices still connected to your USB ports (ie. USB transceiver)? One of my issues is that my Spectre x360 will wake up to a 100% battery if left untouched for a few days, however, if I leave my USB transceiver plugged in overnight, I will wake up to a drained battery.

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- HP Spectre x360 model number = HP Spectre x360 13-4193nr Signature Edition

- BIOS version currently installed = F.43 Rev.A

- USB items that are currently in use = USB Logitech mouse via USB transceiver

- Battery drain statistics that you are experiencing = If the USB mouse transceiver is plugged in, on average I can expect a 0.5% per hour drain.

- Other notes that may give additional insight = My HP Spectre x360 was purchased through Microsoft Soft and came with no HP bloat-ware.

HP Recommended

@Rajamahal wrote:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxWVqa8mavxnZXZzaW9TcTdwMFE?usp=sharing

@Senchronize extracted all the files to the google drive link above. Again executing all this is at your own risk, not mine nor @Senchronize's. 

1) Download the Sphinx_FW_Update_for_Battery_Drain_Issue.pdf instructions file and print it out

2) Download flash.exe and Install_QIQ.exe to any location on your computer.

3) Download PD FW Ver check folder and keep intact together to any location on computer. (You MUST have inpout32.dll & inpoutx64.dll & PDFwflash_x32_v01.exe in the same folder when you run this .exe and hit the "Get Ver" button. It looks for those .dll files located in the same folder as the .exe)

4) Execute/install everything per the instructions. NOTE: For me on step 6, the shut down automatically took a few minutes, not a few seconds, but it eventually happened, be patient.

BTW, I woke up to 97% battery life upon booting up, so 1-2% drained over 9.5 hours. So using these files, and having whatever firmware/driver updated from version v13 to v14 at least greatly reduced the battery drain for me. Great thanks to Senchronize for posting all the files that the repair team left on his computer.

My system is a late 2016 Spectre x360 with i7-7500U processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, model #13-w023dx which I believe is the same as @Senchronize who was the original OP of these firmware/driver updates.

Hey Raja,

Glad you had way less drain than before but my machine is 0% over 10 hours still. Try turn quickstart up back on and test again!

HP Recommended

Looks like I'm going to have to eat crow afterall, even though it's Thanksgiving in the States.

After receiving my Spectre from HP Support, I charged it to 100% & shut it down. I didn't touch it for 24 hours. Rebooted after that and my battery level was still at 100% after 24 hours!! I started copying over some files from my desktop off and on and into the evening. At 9:30 PM last night I charged it to 100% and shut it down. I booted it up this morning about 8:30 AM, and the battery was at 100% (after 11 hours!! 

Specs on my machine:

HP Spectre x360 - 13-w013dx

i7-7500U

256 GB SSD

8 GB ram

F.10 BIOS

I don't really know what HP did. The feedback to me was very sketchy. They just said the BIOS was updated and there were some missing drivers (I have a hard time understanding how there could be missing drivers, but if that's the case I have to assume they installed them). Anyway, my Spectre seems to no longer have any battery drain during shutdown (my battery drain issue occurred without any thing plugged into any port - just the Spectre with no add-ons.

HP Recommended

Hi Telstar1948.

Great to hear that things are now runnning like they should.

Would you happen to know what drivers were missing? Did they give you any specifics? If not, would you be able to inquire back to the folks that you dealt with at HP?

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.