02-11-2012 05:18 AM
My laptop is the HP DV6 3053tx with product number as XB775PA#ACJ.
Installed OS = Windows 7 32-bit Professional. Upgraded from Win7 64-bit Home Premium.
The battery on my laptop has suddenly stopped working.
I used it from full 100% and discharged it to 20%. The next time I started my system, it didnot start on the battery and worked only on plug-in power.
Windows and HP Support Assisstant show "battery not detected" error.
And the battery was working even after the OS upgradation.
What should I do now?
02-14-2012 03:44 PM
1. Try to remove the battery and clean the copper contacts on both the battery and notebook.
2. Try restoring the defaults in BIOS.
3. If possible try updating the BIOS to a latest version available(it should not update if there is no battery) any ways just try.
4. Next option would be to try with a new battery.
Let me know if it helped...
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)