Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay011nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there! I just bought this laptop from malayasia just 1 month before. The day I bought it I took it to pakistan and here I open his sealed. At first I kept it on charge for 2 hours to be full. After that when I on the laptop that was just 70% I was a bit shocked but I kept it using. Now all the time I charge it. It doesn't charge more then 70% when it just reached to 70% it stopped all the time whether the notebook is on or off.
I tried the following things but it didn't brought any change:
1.  Restoring all defaults of power.  (DONE 100%)
2. Reseting PC.  (DONE 100%)
3. Battery calibration.  (DONE 100%)

4. Install all the utility drivers from hp website.  (DONE 100%)

Still the issue exists, now the charging don't goes more then 54% its now stucked here. I am very confuse and very disheartned from HP that their product quality in new laptops is so terrific. Maybe I never tell some to buy HP.

NEED HELP!! Your all queries would be facilited please contribute and participate.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Hamza_kh,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I Understand the laptop is plugged into the adapter/charger but it doesn't charge more than 54%,

First off, Hats off to you for a job well done as you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked settings, before posting the query in the HP forums. It is amazing to see how technically competent you are. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter unplugged, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter and start the PC without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the PC on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the PC to see if the battery now charges correctly.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.

If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.

Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey! Jeet_Singh I hope you'll be good 🙂

First of all I would thank you for showing your interest toward my problem, which is making me mad from these 4 or 5 weeks. Secondly I'm a software engineering student, 1st year that's why I have some idea about these things. And thank you for complimenting my skills through.

After that I would like to tell you that my PC didn't charge up more than 54%, whenever the charging reach to 54% the led with the charging port becomes white from red. And it shows on the desktop like the charger is unplugged and then again after few seconds it again start charging to complete 54% and then again the same cycle continues.

As you said I did all the things unplug the battery, hold the power button and all the story, sorry I can't type the all but I did step by step just like you said, but unfortunately it didn't workout.

Plus, I already updated the BIOS when I was updating all the utility drivers from HP official website. But for the sake of your suggestion I again update the BIOS freshly downloaded from HP official website. But again no change I found the ISSUE still exists.

I hope you come up with some new and good solutions. And I read all the links you have given but I didn't found anything related and beneficial.

Waiting for your response as well as more responses,
Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Hamza_kh,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue with the battery not charging beyond 54%, don't worry as I have a few other suggestions which should help you with this concern,

Let's try to perform a Test and calibrate the battery - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I'm done with battery calibration but I am unable to understand the results would you please have a look. I'm uploading the results, have a look and give me the answer what should I do next?

Battery check : Primary - Replace (42)

Failure id ( the text was red in  color here)

product id : w2mxxxxxxxxx

NA

Battery calibration : Complete

component Test: Passed

Now I don't understand what they mean by pass and then replace 42, I mean what is this? and what should I do with it? I'm stuck and bored and sitting off near to a socket.

HP Recommended

Well I'm done with battery calibration but I am unable to understand the results would you please have a look. I'm uploading the results, have a look and give me the answer what should I do next?

Battery check : Primary - Replace (42)

Failure id ( the text was red in  color here)

product id : w2mxxxxxxxxx

NA

Battery calibration : Complete

component Test: Passed

Now I don't understand what they mean by pass and then replace 42, I mean what is this? and what should I do with it? I'm stuck and bored and sitting off near to a socket.

HP Recommended
Hello? Are you there?
HP Recommended
@Jeet_singh
HP Recommended

You'll have to replace the primary battery of your notebok with a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.