Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I am new to his forum and seeking help with some technical issues.

I have been having a problem with this constant beeping sound when i star my pc.

My old lapop's board system gave a lot of trouble and i had to get a new laptop. The guy who told us this gave me this laptop for a small price, seeing that it has some issue, such us:

• Laptop keyboard not working properly (using external keyboard now)
  • Product Activation problem ( i'm no sure if the laptop has it's product key but i'm still able to log in)

I'm not a big computer geek but i think my laptop(old and new)  is and HP NoteBook.

On the second or third day of using this laptop,  now and then there are continuous beeping coming through the audio and this would last from a range of minutes to hours. Along the with beeping, my keyboard starts delaying it's presses.

Sometimes he only solution is to sleep or restart my laptop.

It never did this with my old laptop.

I also recently upgraded to windows 10 before my laptop died.. then the guy switch he hard drive to this one.

Is this problem fixable? I've tried changing my sound setting but it still consists. Are there any suggestions? I'm open o any. If there are no solutions then that means i'll need to buy another laptop.... I've saved a bit but it's gonna take a while.

Thank you for your replies.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Kumadore,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the sound issue, and wanted to help!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Will the notebook start, and continue to beep.  Or will the notebook beep without starting?  If so, the beeping may be caused by the Memory Modules.  Try reseating them, and let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your reply, @SDF15,  but unfortunately i've aleady tried reseating the memory with a little extra force to be sure. Here is a picture i took when i went into system information from the startup.

IMG_20151209_154332[1].jpg

The beeping noise appears when i've already logged into my laptop,  but sometimes during start up ONLY when I restart my laptop due to trying to solve the problem. I'm not entirely  if this has to contribute to it, but when i plugged in my charger, about 5- 10 minutes later the beeping appear and the keyboard delay started happening. Like, I'd press a key, then there'd be like a 1-2 seconds delay.  Tank you for your reply and i hope you can again as soon as possible.

HP Recommended

Hello @Kumadore,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Please click here, to find the Product Number.  In the meantime, please review the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

I've also turned off  filter keys unfortunately..

And in terms of the product number, I don't think this computer as one.

I've tried looking and i can't fine it. I also think the message below also supports my findings

niiiice.PNG

I'm also using an external keyboard since the notebook one isn't working well. I've also noticed to that when i just start tapping keys on the notebook keyboard, the beeping stops along with the keyboard delay. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Kumadore,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Based on the information that you provided, you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!

I was trying to, if i can, avoid calling or going to any technicians. But at this point, I think it's unavoiable now.

I plan on saving to buy another laptop so I wanted to avoid using money.

Thank you for your help and support. I appreciate it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.