Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I cant seem to figure out how one gets to the bios screen. In the past there was screen on boot up that would say press F2 or similar to get into bios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on tap the Esc key. From there you should get a menu- including F10 for BIOS.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on tap the Esc key. From there you should get a menu- including F10 for BIOS.

HP Recommended
I've tried this 50+ times now and am not getting any menu. Screen lights up says hp then into my sign in page. I've tried pushing the esc key at all times during the process which lasts about 5 seconds then I'm at my log in page. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason
HP Recommended

@Jason0269

Try tapping the Esc key about once a second after pushing the power button.

HP Recommended

Just been struggling with this issue myself. According to the manual, the keystrokes to access the BIOS of the Stream 11 are:

To start Setup Utility (BIOS), turn on or restart the computer, quickly press esc, and then press f10.

I've just used this and it works ok.

HP Recommended

As you are running Windows 8.1 you need to access the Bios from the OS, the following guide explains how to do this:

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/ht081446

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.