06-24-2011 03:15 PM
I can tell you 100% you are incorrect, this has happened plenty of times to my HP, and it has nothing to do with the graphics card. Simply takes a few hours then it will boot, the graphics card is perfectly fine.
07-01-2011 10:39 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:12 PM by OscarFuentes
I had the lights that never stopped blinking. A HARD RESET worked for me:
DO THIS FIRST - Perform a hard reset
- Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. You want to test the computer not the accessories!
- Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds .
- Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a disk drive and fan turning.
07-15-2011 01:58 PM
I had the same blinking Caps Lock and Num Lock problem with a totally black screen. Tried unseating everything and reinstalling, tried the battery remove for 25 mins and rebooting under AC alone, restarted 10 or so times and every time I did it the same thing happened, I'd press the power slider, the fan and all key lights would come on and the 2 blinking lights would start to blick.
I called HP and he pretty quickly walked me through the same steps, and then told me my mother board had crashed. I'm on hold right now waiting for the detials. I received a case number so far and am just waiting on final shipping information.
Total cost will be $399+ tax including shipping. Not sure I want to invest $400+ on a 18 month old laptop, even though I've been happy with it.
If this happens to you, call HP at 800-474-6836, he was very helpful.
Good luck, I'll try to remember to report back when I get the PC back.
PS: I have a Touchsmart tx2, model tx2-1370us running Windows7
08-05-2011 02:35 PM
It happened the same to me and a friend of mine. After 18 months (warranty died) black screen, lights num lock blinking, typical noise on DVD trying to start... and nothing. I have replaced the motherboard for an ebay used expending $180 . . . and exactly the same. I will appreciate your feedback. My friend suffer the same after two months. 2 weeks before the failure I have update the bios. Simple coincidence?
08-24-2011 10:40 AM
I was able to hold the 4 arrow keys and hit the power button. The Laptop DV7-1451nr has powered up and no led lights. Will this take care of the problem or will I have to do this every time I power down? Thanks for the help.
08-24-2011 12:11 PM
"i was able to hold the 4 arrow keys and hit the power button" - I'm interested in your solution, but do you mean hit the power button and 4 arrow keys at the same time when turning the pc on or you do that when turning the pc off to take care of the blinking led lights?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)