Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't know why the connection manager/HP wireless assistant does that, but it does it for any operating system.

It happened to me once on the wireless card.  That is how I accidentally found out that if the device had been turned off by either of those programs, and you reinstall the operating system, you must reinstall that software in order to turn it on.

If you had gone into the BIOS, you would have seen that the BT was present and enabled which makes things even more perplexing!

The bad thing is that when you upgrade to W8 or newer, the connection manager software doesn't work, so your only alternative is to revert to the original operating system the connnection manager was installed on, turn on the affected device, uninstall the connection manager software, verify the device is still present/active, and then install the W8 or newer operating system.

The older notebooks use the HP wireless assistant software, and for some peculiar reason, the HPWA works fine on W8-W10, so if you have an older notebook that is compatible with the HPWA, with that issue, you can install the HPWA on W8 - W10 turn the device on, and then uninstall the software.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue after the Windows 10 instal - and managed to activate bluetooth on my HP Elitebook 8440p  using a live-linux CD (an old Mint 17.1 which I had in a drawer).

After activating Bluetooth in Linux, Windows 10 then also found it, all working OK now.

(I also tried to installed SP73899 before I've tried linux, so I don't know if it is needed).

HP Recommended

Thank you @

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I just noticed this weekend that I am experiencing the same situation than Ki4r4. 

I was about to roll back again or try on a live-linix CD for testing porpuses. I will keep you posted.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.