Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I also have the broken hinge problem.

I bought this laptop because my daughter had one and loved it. I love mine too, but not the hinge. My daughter's hinge broke while hers was still under warranty, so she told me to be extra careful with mine. It has never left this table and I am always VERY careful opening and closing it. Even so, my hinge has also broken and has also cracked the bottom cover. I hold it all together when opening it. 

I'm wondering if HP will still fix this for me, seeing as it is clearly evident that it is a design problem. Why should I have to replace a perfectly good laptop just because HP has a problem?  

I hope someone at HP will read this and get back to me.

HP Recommended

@trek024

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I purchased a HP Envy m7 Notebook in February 2016 from Best Buy.  The left hinge broke in July 2016.  I have no idea why it broke.  This is my 5th laptop and never had a problem with the hinges.  I take very good care of my equipment.  Best Buy Geek Squad said it will be covered by warranty for 1 year.  I use my PC almost every day for work, primarily on my desk.  The Geek Squad  said in July,  I could send it in and HP would repair.  Today I brought in into Best Buy Geek Squad and they now say that the are 99% sure that HP would not repair it under warranty, would charge me shipping both ways and it would take close to a month to get it back.  Needless to say, I am very disapointed in HP's Envy laptop and the Best Buy Geek Squad.

Any suggestions?  I need a laptop that works.

HP Recommended

I also have this issue.  Right now just with the left hinge.  My laptop is out of warranty but other than this it still works fine.  I rarely take my laptop out of my home.  Therefore, i've been very careful with it. 

HP Recommended

@LPM2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same issue of the broken hinge on the HP Envy m6. What is HP going to do to fix this well known problem with the design?? I would like my laptop to stay in one piece! I contacted Best Buy where I bought the laptop, and they were going to chage me upwards of $200 or more to fix it. This is a defect in the design. Who is going to stand behind this product? Never buying an HP product again. There are better companies that stand behind their product. Unreal!

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My left hinge broke. I am having troubles opening and closing my lid. 

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Nick

HP Recommended

@NickBootsman

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended
I have an Envy TS 17 with a broken left hinge as well that started a few months ago and continues to deteriorate. Now I hear pieces getting in the fan. Quite a nice machine, paid a lot for good hardware and am very disappointed this is happening. Concerned about my other 2 HP laptops in the house.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.