09-16-2012 12:52 PM
Recently I damaged my laptop by spilling a small amount of liquid on it. Only the keyboard and fingerprint scanner have been broken. They've become completely unresponsive. I can still use my mouse and have an onscreen keyboard. The problem I have is that the wireless has been turned off, as it's a button on the keyboard. Is there any way to override the wireless button while in the laptop? It's a dv7 4050ea. Thanks in advance!
09-16-2012 01:27 PM
You might use the HP Connection Manager to turn on / off your wireless:
IF you are interested:
You might replace the use of the onboard fingerprinter with the Eikon Mini fingerprinter. This is a purchased item from AuthenTec. About $10 US + shipping.
You will have to sacrifice a USB connection to use it AND you cannot use your Digital Persona password database; that is, you will have to redo all your passwords since the Eikon Mini uses TrueSuite software - which can be upgraded to
after the fingerprinter is installed and set up the first time.
I use this option on an older notebook on which I used to run Digital Persona (and other systems that do not have onboard fingerprinters).
I hope this helps.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)