Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, something bad happened to my HP Laptop.  i keep a usb mouse connected to it most of the time and i keep it in my bag with the adapter in the port and now i see that the port is pushed in and can't be used. this really upsets me and i want to send it in for repair and see how much it would cost to send it in to hp and have the laptop repaired.  i did not pay for accentdital warrenty and i know that the warrenty that comes with it will not cover it and i am willing to pay to have it fixed.  does anyone know how much it might cost?  i really want to get it repaired.

Please remember to select the answer
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

We need the real model number but the only way HP will know to repair a broken USB port on most models is a new motherboard and that will cost $3-400. On some models the usb port is on a separate board and replacing that would be much less expensive. So we need to know the exact model number and which usb port is broken. 

HP Recommended
I opened up my laptop and found out that the port that is broken is on a daughter board and im just gonna replace that board my self. It will be much cheaper than sending it in.
Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Agreed. If you need any help let us know. 

HP Recommended

hp 10 2101 tablet us 16 gn silver, serial # [edited] product # j6f00ua#aba, rmn hstnh-i410y, batt pr-3159167

HP Recommended

I need help too about my hp laptop USB port replacement

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.