11-15-2013 09:57 AM
I've bought an HP Envy j053ea with a 1TB drive.
I've replaced the 1TB drive with my own 256GB SSD drive but would like to use the existing 1TB drive as a secondary hard disk.
Where can I buy the parts to install a second harddisk (put the existing 1TB drive back into my laptop as a secondary drive if I've bought a SSD as my primary)?
01-25-2014 10:03 PM
You need an appropriate sata cable and a hard drive caddy bay to set up your secondary hard drive in your HP laptop ENVY J053ea.
You can order this kit online from ebay. This kit is made by Microstorage and its number is 351.
After you have ordered and delievered one for yourself go to youtube and search for by "how to install a 2nd hdd in HP Envy 17 J053ea". You will come across a number of videos jus go through the right one and teach yourself how you going to install your hard drive in your machine. You probably need to order a screw driver aswell if you don't have one already.
I just ordered a kit for myself aswell for £48 from ebay and it is due to be arrive on Thursday 30th Janvary 2014.
Hope this answers your question.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)