Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 (2012)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I HAVE HP PAVILION G6 BOUGHT ON 2012 ( INDIA)
Nothing is installed additional except new Window 10.( From Windows 7 home basic).CAN I UPGRADE MY GRAPHICS?
1.) 2 GB DDR3 RAM
2.) CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M
3.)2.40ghz
4.)Intel HD graphics 4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GAMERZLOL

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".

Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of processor, audio, video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.

This means there is really no way to upgrade the video, WiFi, or processor on your laptop. You're stuck with what came with the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended
PLZ HELP GTA IV IS LAGGING IN LOWEST SETTINGS ALSO.CAN I UPGRADE MY GRAPHICS CARD? I WILL SURELY UPGRADE MY RAM BUT GRAPHICS CARD IS DOUBTABLE
HP Recommended

Hi Gamer, 

You can't change the graphics chipset in your laptop.  Sorry for the bad news.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
My graphics is 1gb
HP Recommended
Plz read above all and reply
HP Recommended

@GAMERZLOL

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but unlike desktops, which use cards, laptops have chips that are soldered directly to the motherboard or system board, or come in the form of "modules".

Only a very limited subset of HP laptops actually allow the replacement of processor, audio, video or WiFi "modules" and, as far as I can tell, yours is not one of these models.

This means there is really no way to upgrade the video, WiFi, or processor on your laptop. You're stuck with what came with the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Any other solution
HP Recommended
Any ideas what should I do
HP Recommended
Do u think my laptop is capable of running GTA 4 by only upgrading ram
HP Recommended
Is 1 GB of graphics card is enough?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.