08-24-2014 10:22 AM
I have a HP about 6 years old. Yesterday while importing a CD the noise sounded from the top drawer like someone was being tortured. The bottom drawer still works, but can't open the top drawer with a library CD inside. I tried the paper clip but that didn't work. Just put it in the hole and pull it out? Help! Do I hit the button while putting the clip in the hole? Green light still goes on and it's trying to open, but it's stuck. Any suggestions......PLEASE?
05-27-2015 02:26 PM
Your suggestion of right clicking on the My Computer CD icon I am having trouble with because I don't see an icon like that on my computer. Where would I find that? I tried the paperclip trick andit opened and I was able to put a CD in the drive but now it won't let me get the CD out using the paperclip trick.
The light is not lighting up so do you think the drive is dead.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)