Question
CD/DVD drive won't open
Replies (15)

Honor Student
Message 11 of 16 (8,798 Views)

Re: CD/DVD drive won't open

HP Pavilion p6112p - the Multimedia Optical Drive will not open.  What is the fix?

Student
Message 12 of 16 (4,785 Views)

I have a HP about 6 years old.  Yesterday while importing a CD the noise sounded from the top drawer like someone was being tortured.  The bottom drawer still works, but can't open the top drawer with a library CD inside. I tried the paper clip but that didn't work.  Just put it in the hole and pull it out?  Help!   Do I hit the button while putting the clip in the hole?  Green light still goes on and it's trying to open, but it's stuck.  Any suggestions......PLEASE?  

Student
Message 13 of 16 (3,258 Views)

Your suggestion of right clicking on the My Computer CD icon I am having trouble with because I don't see an icon like that on my computer. Where would I find that? I tried the  paperclip trick andit opened and I was able to put a CD in the drive but now it won't let me get the CD out using the paperclip trick.

The light is not lighting up so do you think the drive is dead.

Student
Message 14 of 16 (1,565 Views)

Sure did work for me immediately.
I didn't expect it to be so easy.
Thankyou very much. LP rules as the best.
Student
Message 15 of 16 (307 Views)

Thank you, it worked!

Student
Message 16 of 16 (160 Views)

On my HP desktop (about 4 yrs old) my mulimedia drive has a cd stuck in it and won't open. I have checked everywhere and there is no hole  for the standard paper clip insert fix, which I have done several times on my other systems. Is ther another method of getting release or do I need to shut down and take the dektops skins off to manually take out the drive. There are no instructions for taking the skins off. I have done that on other  systems to add more memory, etc. If you have advice, commentary or cautions please lemme know. Thanx loads.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation